Saturday, July 28, 2007

Underwater

It's Saturday morning and I feel hung over. I'm not. Or kind of like swimming underwater with boots on. Maybe I didn't drink enough water yesterday, or get enough sleep last night. I'm hoping a little coffee and a hot shower will perk me up. Coffee is in hand, but it's weird to be blogging first thing - and it's only because it was the one thing I could do while sitting down, eh.

So the upshot was that Thursday was productive and successful, accomplishing everything I had on my list before set-up, which went smoothly too. Friday started out optimistic and sunny, really busy and buzzing. But sales slowed a lot during the day and it ended up down a little from the usual numbers. Doesn't that sound like a broken record?

I'm neighbors with my friend, Andrew, the glass guy, who was having a phenomenal day again. He broke records there last year, right next to me, and so did I. So we were hoping the magic would continue. Apparently, lightening struck twice only at his place. And he seemed to be the exception, because everyone else around us was twiddling their thumbs a bit too. But it's early in the weekend. Although Friday is often the busiest day, due to all the office workers on their lunch breaks, it could certainly be much more successful the next two days. Hope floats.

The happiest part of my day yesterday was lunch! I love that California Pizza Kitchen. I probably only eat there during this show - three straight days of it - but never go over there otherwise. Odd, because I always find something new to love. I've had previous love affairs with the BLT pizza and some salads, but they have a new Mango Tandoori Chicken pizza that was super good.

I've got a number of things to work on before I even head over to the show this morning. The Coconut Lemongrass bath salts was a home run, and I need to get more of that bottled up before I head over. Plus load up a bunch more soap and sachets, grab a gift set or two . . . . where's that list. Ahh, the fog is lifting. I think I'm going to be ready for another big day of sales. I'm off to the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment