Sunday, July 22, 2007

Blog News Update


Just a quick note to let you know that I am updating the blog today. New look, new colors and stuff. I'm just playing around and it is going through several different incarnations and I figure out what I like and don't like. I just wanted to freshen things up and get a few of the new technologies in order.

And on that note, I need to apologize to anyone who subscribes or feeds to this blog. I'm not even sure if you can at this point. That's my next order of business. Adding the feed so you can subscribe. But that's a step ahead. What I've been doing today is changing the labels on posts. I've made up a short list of categories instead. The categories are more like real life posts (called "A Day in the Life") and business posts, show posts, products posts, cooking and gardening. Just so that it's easier to navigate or find older stuff. In order to make it all organized (and I'm totally compulsive about organizing - freak about having things ordered,labelled, tagged, alphabetical, color-coded) hm . . .

Well, in order to make it all perfect I had to go back and re-publish all my recent posts with the new category labels. I had been doing this really haphazardly and without any clue what I was doing, just typing in whatever popped in my head. But instead of using these labels for search engines to find really specific topics that I'm discussing, I decided that it would be more useful to make these categories for the folks who are checking in frequently or subscribing. I prefer to accommodate my loyal readers than attempt to snag (or is that snog? heh) far flug web surfers who are googling, technorating or whatevering the term "petunia" or some such.

So if in fact you have subscribed and now have roughly six months worth of posts in your inbox, I am tremendously sorry. Either later today or sometime this week when I can finish up this task, I will add a feed option, with the handy little button in the side bar, so that you can easily subscribe. This may be way too techno for some, and why did it take so long for others. I'll admit, it's a tad beyond what I do myself, so I'm going through a bit of a learning curve myself. But I'll explain it all when it arrives. I'm doing this step by step and wanted the format and organization all in place first.

No comments:

Post a Comment