Monday, July 24, 2006

Oooh la lah

The history of civilization is the story of man's emancipation from a lot that was harsh, brutish, and short. Every step of that upward climb to a sophisticated way of life has been paralleled by a corresponding advance in the art of perfumery.

Eric Maple, The Magic of Perfume

I've just gotten a load of new books from the library on perfumes -- the art, the science, the history. Just a little something that I'm curious about and want to do some investigation on. Since I've had exactly two hours to even look at my stack, I haven't much to share on the topic, other than it's fascinating and ancient.

Flurry of activity as I get back to work after a weekend off. Orders are going out. Soap is getting whizzed. New stuff on the way. And I'm trying to work around the heat in here. This is really summer! Can I mention how glad I am that I don't live in other more sweltering parts of the country? The lake was so crowded yesterday, with everyone flocking to the beach to picnic, have family cook-outs, bob around on their floaties, build sand castles and forts. Still comfortable enough for everyone to enjoy the warm weather without melting or hiding in dark, air-conditioned rooms.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

    ReplyDelete