Monday, June 11, 2007

Sorticulture

This weekend I'm participating in the Sorticulture festival - and it's my first time ever at this garden-themed show. I've heard raves about it for years, but wasn't able to get in due to competition in the soap category. But this year there was a space and I'm so thrilled to be there.

Since I can't realistically describe the thing to you - I'm going to post their press release blurb verbatim. It's got everything and more:

It takes more than foliage and flowers to make a tremendous garden. Ornaments and structure play an important part in creating a beautiful outdoor living space. Come and discover unique accessories for the garden at the largest garden art show in the Northwest, Sorticulture - June 15 & 16 at Legion memorial Park in Everett.

What is the Sorticulture Garden Festival? Snohomish County's largest garden party! Soroticulture is a fresh mix of horticulture, art and food. The Festival's live musical performances, popular wine garden, cooking and gardening demonstrations and children's activities drew nearly 20,000 visitor's last year. Sorticulture is an ever-growing, authentic celebration of garden sights, sounds and tastes!

This year's Festival showcases artists who present a variety of hand-crafted, locally-made garden ornaments. Learn about winemaking and growing grapes and get tips from local chefs about cooking fresh from the garden. Sip some wine and take in the smooth jazz of Tim Koss and the Not for Nuthin' Trio on Friday evening. Don't miss Cisco Morris on Saturday or the comedy juggling act of Brothers of a Different Mother!

The Sorticulture Garden Festival is FREE. Friday, June 15 noon - 8pm, and Saturday, June 16 10am - 6pm at Legion Memorial Park, Alverson & West Marine View Drive in Everett.


So that's the deal. It sounds wonderful - can't wait to see what's there. I'm looking for a bird bath thingie myself. Or something else cool to plop in my new garden areas. There will be specialty nurseries too. And I'm the biggest sucker for plants. I'm just hoping I make more money than I spend at this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment