Saturday, June 09, 2007

Begonias

Have you ever seen begonias that look like this? Big, fluffy blossoms that almost look like peonies, but are the color of ripe, peach/coral impatiens, and droop over the sides of the pot like fuschias?

I headed out to Collage early this morning to rearrange my display a little bit, fluff up the inventory, and take it up a notch. It was already gray and drizzling. Which doesn't explain why I can't seem to hold the camera steady. I really wanted to take pictures of all of their dazzling planted pots and gardens over at Carillon Point in Kirkland. I'm am absolutely stunned by their beauty every time I go. Several really showpiece types of plants they use that I've never seen before. I don't even know what some of them are. But the endless combinations of pinky oranges and lemony greens, with all kinds of accents are masterpieces. I'm especially enamored by these begonias. I think that's what they are, although the leaves are long and pointy instead of the usual rounder ones.



And if anyone out there reading knows what type of plant this is? please leave a comment or email me. It's got a groovy variegated green and white leaf, trails little tendrils of branches, and the coolest little bright red Chinese lantern flowers that hang underneath. It would save me a bunch of research, or running around with my blurry little pictures to nurseries. Thanks.

Anyway, if you're in the neighborhood -- stop by for the lovely flower pots and garden areas, but drop in to the shop too and see what's new.


No comments:

Post a Comment