Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ruby Grapefruit

The delectable aroma of grapefruit has a pronounced impact on the senses and emotions. In aromatherapy applications, grapefruit is refreshing, cheering, euphoria-inducing and energizing. Grapefruit's sweet and familiar aroma can evoke warm feelings that melt sour dispositions. Grapefruit is a "releasing" oil -- so personalities that tend to harbor resentment or keep emotions bottled up can benefit from inhaling this oil.

Another pretty cool effect that's just been found - it’s been proven in a recent study of smells conducted by the Smell and Taste Institute in Chicago that the scent of grapefruit makes women appear from six to ten years younger to men. "How old do you think she is?” Bob whispered to Ted after they walked away from the receptionist. “That’s easy. She’s 35,” Ted replied confidently. Bob chuckled, “She’s 42 . . . and my sister.”

The study was conducted by Institute director Alan Hirsch. He smeared several middle-aged woman with broccoli, banana, spearmint leaves, and lavender but none of those scents made a difference to the men.

But the scent of grapefruit changed men's perceptions. Hirsch said that when male volunteers were asked to write down how old the woman with grapefruit odor was, the age was considerably less than reality.

Needless to say, I'll be spritzing myself liberally with the new Ruby Grapefruit Spray for important occassions (*wink*).

I carved out a bit of time yesterday to do some brainstorming while I was in my zen-like state of packaging the soap bars. Once my hands get into the rhythm of tying the ribbons and slapping on the labels, my brain goes into idea mode. And I had been wanting to make some decisions about a few things to add for this summer's show bonanza, and which directions to start for the fall. I can't say I made huge progress, but there was some movement in the right direction, anyway. As soon as I can spill the beans and post photos, I'll let you in on it. Hopefully sometime next week, in time for the Edmonds Art Festival. Today is a bazillion errands day, so I've got to head out quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment