Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Edmonds Art Festival

Wednesday is Black and Grey day for Color Week. I had fun choosing textural things today. The top one is a beautiful scarf which I have draped over a table. I love how the light flickers over it differently during the day, picking up bits and pieces of the pattern and reflecting silver and grey.

The bottom photo is a close-up of a a corner of the frame that holds an antique piece of sheet music, framed on my wall. Is this cheating - to have silver instead of grey? Phloooie.




This coming weekend is the Edmonds Arts Festival. They describe it this way: For three June days, over Father’s Day weekend, the charming waterfront town of Edmonds will be the site of one of the Northwest’s premier arts festivals. This year art-lovers will immerse themselves in a rich array of visual and performing arts. Great food and special activities for children round out this annual event.

I have not participated in this particular show before -- it's my first year, a newbie. They have a large field area for fine arts folks, and then crafters (meaning me, and foodstuffs, sewing/stitchery, candles, and the like) are placed in a separate area. It's called the Plaza Area and we are scattered around near the Wine Bar and Bistro and the Kids Creative Corner. I'm in the center of the little row of 3 booths just at the entrance to the Wine Bar, in case anyone is thirsty.

This show is loved by many, brings in flocks of art-loving festival goers, and showcases some of the very best artists in the Pacific Northwest. So I am honored that they actually called me personally to join them this year. And am very much looking forward to plunking myself in the middle of a whole new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment