Monday, September 24, 2007

Three Days Later

It's been 3 days? Wow, I've lost all sense of time. I felt like I should stop by and follow up. Say something about what's been happening.

Time has been moving so fast it almost stands still. Do you know that feeling? It's all rushing by so fast, and there is so much packed in, that it just becomes one big blur, and you feel like you are outside watching it spin past, not even experiencing it? And suddenly a few days are gone and you don't even remember being there, or what happened, or if you ate anything, how you got there and did you drive home and what route did you take or was there traffic? Was it cold or hot? I must have worn those clothes yesterday because they are on top of the mountain of laundry, but I don't remember it.

What I can say is this: the Farm Girls Holiday was sorta slow, since it was a first ever show. But it's a real far with baby pigs, and ducks and goats and kittens, corn and pumpkins and rusty old stuff. The barn was so, so cold. But they had a lunch counter and good food. I spent too much money on antiques and sweet doo-dads. Some really good crafters and fun demos and everyone worked so hard to make it work. I hope it happens again next year and that we can get it off the ground. It's a lovely setting with wonderful people. Just wish we all could have made a little more money.

And the Puyallup Fair was a big success - up overall from last year. Some folks were down a little, but others were up, and I'm happy to say that I am in the second category (way up!). I did very well, and am very pleased with the results, and even more pleased that it's over and I'm done. I tore it all down this morning and spent the rest of the day putting it all way - both shows. Inventory, counting, cleaning and organizing.

I amazed myself that I could even get out of bed and function this morning. It felt bleak, but I knew I had to pop right up and drive down there early. And it was such sweet relief to finally be done today - the drive home was bliss. Orders out, studio cleaned up, house put back to rights. An actual meal cooked. Tomorrow I may tackle laundry - big doings. I'll need to go a little slow and reconnect with the world after this whirlwind of activity, stress, and doing too much. It kind of feels like a dream, or like it was already a month ago instead of just a few days ago, or this morning even. Each day has been a month long, at least. Or was it a year ago already that I had a vacation in Quebec? Oofah. What is this thing we call time?

What I'm grateful for today: warm sunshine, a pan of lasagna, vacuuming the dusty corners, a day with only one deadline, burying my face in the soft belly fur of a cat that forgot who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment