Thursday, February 01, 2007

Same Old

Yawn. I'm bored.

Here's the thing about routines - everyone's got them. We are creatures of habit. Our daily routine is a combination of stuff we have to do (drive to work, laundry, walk the dog) and like to do (tv programs, what's for dinner). I'm sick of my daily routine, so I've decided that next week is topsy turvy week. I'm going to do every single thing differently than usual.

When I turned the page in my calendar I realized that I have jury duty next week (yes, again), so that should liven things up already. I hadn't remembered that before I decided to turn my world upside down. But it works. For the people who track these things, most folks have about a dozen meal choices that they eat over and over. I like to try new recipes a lot, but breakfast is about 3 different things, lunch repeats itself often. So I'm going to eat all different stuff next week, and things I almost never eat, not just expensive stuff I usually don't buy. But no gross stuff, like gizzards, chicken feet and kim chee. This is supposed to be fun, not disgusting.

And since it isn't an exercise in spending a lot of money either, I'm not heading out for any makeovers or new wardrobe. My daily routine is jumping into soap spattered sweats - I have about 4 pairs of tops and bottoms that I wear over and over because this soap thing is greasy and messy. Next week I am going to wear nice stuff. Haul out my skirts and pretty sweaters. Even when I'm not at the courthouse. I'll have to wear the sweatshirt during the actual activity of soapmaking. But I vow to actually change clothes when I'm done. This is new, I will change into a publicly acceptable outfit when I leave for the post office instead of hide the sweats under my coat. Whee! Fancy underwear week. Watchout, scratchy nightgown. I'm going to try a new hairstyle. Nothing weird like pigtails or braids. Just not the same old clip while I'm working.

I'm going to try one new thing I've never done before. And visit at least one place I've never seen before. Maybe talk to a stranger. Wake up earlier, or later. I don't know. Change it all up.

Yanno -- it would be way cool if I was doing topsy turvy week in Paris or Martinique instead of here. But ya gotta take what you can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment