Monday, February 19, 2007

Spring Lord Hill Farm

Well. So. The duct tape didn't hold and the wheels fell off. Complete hard drive crash and failure. I don't think I've lost everything, but I don't know yet. I'm migrating to a little dinky back-up system today. So if my invoices, soap labels, etc. look a little off this week -- it's because I'm using a tiny little printer with totally different settings, trying to find my fonts, rustling through all the old back ups and trying to re-create stuff that's missing.

It's so weird to be this completely screwed. I mean, it could be worse. I had just backed up everything a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe I was even that effiicient. And I really backed up more than I usually do. But that still doesn't mean it was ALL of my photos, or documents, and none of my music. And I'm pretty convinced my ITunes library is gone. Which is heartbreaking. All the music I had downloaded from obscure sites and stuff that I will never be able to remember or recover. But I'm not thinking about that now. Not today.

Today I am packaging all my items for this week's show. We set up tomorrow and I have quite a lot to do. Plus, I'm working on the lovely pile of orders that came in over the weekend. Usually I have no patience for broken stuff, or things that aren't working. Maybe it's the inner control freak, but I absolutely flip my wig about it, until it's fixed and everything is back to normal. But that isn't happening any time soon. I have to take the whole mess to computer triage this week. And it will probably be gone for longer than a week. A new computer, recovering data, transferring, upgrading, downloading software. The whole set up is just old enough that adding one new part means that none of the other pieces will be compatible. Crap, probably a new printer and airport too. Oops, I'm not thinking about that today or I'll lose my marbles.

So, back to the topic at hand. The show. It's at Lord Hill Farm, up in Snohomish. I can't even find all the deets right now. Using the roomie's computer means running up and down stairs trying to find log ins and passwords to even get to the web site, blog, remote email account. I have NOTHING here. Erm, slipped again.

Here's the link to the show site : Country Craft for directions and stuff. Basically it's Wed evening from 3pm-8pm, Thurs and Fri 10am-8pm, and Sat 10am-6pm.

I know what you're thinking: after last week's endless holidays -- Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, President's Day, Mardi Gras . . . what more do I possibly need to shop for? Well, spring really IS right around the corner. And if I simply must remind you, you're going to want to decorate the house with pansies and daffodils. Easter chick, bunny and egg goodness. And I'm guessing you'll need Mother's Day presents too. This show is so chock full of fun spring gifts and decorating fun, it will kick you right out of the winter doldroms. And you just might want to try some of the new springs soaps from moi, don't you? Even if all you do is buy a tulip-shaped sugar cookie, it's a nice place to spend an hour, sparking your imagination for the season ahead. Which is yellow and pink and green and robin's egg blue . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment