Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Notes from the day

Yesterday's orange food day didn't inspire any insights or rare moments, other than a little heartburn. A whole day in boy's brief underpants was just uncomfortable, not life altering.

This morning most vocal kitty woke up at 3:30am and needed the whole house up to play. After an hour or so of the pillow over my head trying my best to ignore her, I just caved. In the spirit of Zen, I had green tea and sushi for breakfast. I will need perhaps a trip to Tokyo to make this actually something I would like to repeat. I needed coffee bad after that, and the fishy coffee breath was probably really embarrassing in the jury room. I avoided everyone.

I did, however, overdress and wear lots more makeup than usual. Nobody seemed to notice and the guys at the car repair shop didn't flirt either. Waste of time.

Got called in to a case for questioning at almost the very end of the day, but was next to last on the list, so was finally excused for the day - later than everyone else who had been still sitting around in the lobby reading magazines all day. Got blisters in the fancy shoes hoofing it back to the car repair. Arrived home to a sick and vomiting kitty. Ate orange leftovers on the fly, and am now guzzling wine. I'm using my 15 minutes of "wait and see if she comes around" time to cozy up to my lonely computer. Probably I'm going to be racing off to the hospital with her, since she hasn't turned around in the last couple hours. Gotta run.

Oh, the good news. There was some. I got accepted into Folklife this year, after about 6 straight years of rejection. Never thought that would happen in a million years. I'm thrilled and scared at the same time. I'm going to need to work really, really, really hard in the next couple months to squeeze that into the equation. It's huge. But it's great. And I sorely need the extra income this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment