Monday, February 05, 2007

Orange you glad?

I'm starting my new perspectives week today. Trying to shake up my daily routines dump myself outside of my own box. I woke up at 4:30 this morning. Actually, that wasn't my choice. The cats were hungry. I think they may be in on it. I made them a giant blankie tent at the foot of the bed Sunday evening so they could rumble around in it and settle down - trying to distract them from howling at the door to go back outside after dark. And they decided to spend the night there, stretching out between my feet, curling up in my armpit. Sweet and kind of fun, but not the norm, and I'm not sure any of us got the best night's sleep.

Anyway, they got fishy mush and I decided to make it Orange Food Day. Everything orange, inspired by a tall glass of fresh-squeezed grapefruit tangerine juice. Scrambled eggs, cornbread and sweet potatoes for breakfast. Leftovers, it's all I had. There's carrots in the bin. Maybe I'll splurge and make mac 'n cheese. I think there's a green food day in my future.

I went to a little pizza/game night/movies/sleepover party the other night (thank you Patricia, it was a blast!) with a bunch of crafty gals who do all the shows. Although I've known them in passing for years, it was cool to really get to know them better. It's an interesting life we've chosen, and I'm always fascinated by how someone else puts it all together and makes it work.

So today I vow that I will get the finishing touches on the newsletter and pieces of the spring mailing, and get it to the printer this afternoon. The rest of the week is going to be who knows how many hours of jury duty, but it needs to be productive too. I'm not sure I'm finally in the place I wanted to be before I sent it off, but it will have to do.

One final note, all the regular soaps are back online again -- Cedar Musk, Baby Love, Havana, Citrus Basil Scrub, Sacred Smoke. The Anise soap will come back next month. In case you haven't visited lately, I've made a few updates to the site too - a new banner, a few new photos (there will be more as I get the spring stuff online), just simplified the look a little bit so it's easier to navigate. Always a work in progress. Isn't everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment