Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Boo!



All around the house is the jet black night,
It stares through the window-pane,
It creeps in the corners hiding from the light
And it moves with the moving flame.
Now my little heart goes a-beating like a drum,
With the breath of the bogie in my hair,
While all around the candle the crooked shadows come
And go marching along up the stair.

- Robert Louis Stevenson, A Child's Garden of Verses, Book 1



Happy Halloween! For the first time ever there is no trick-or-treat candy in the house - I won't be around this evening. That doesn't usually stop me, and I end up eating bags and bags of sugar all month long, just because it's cheap and it's there. So this is big.

The Red Ribbons & Reindeer show opens today. It's usually a preview night on Wednesday, but since it's Halloween, we are open noon to 6pm. And I'm headed over today to set up the Pickering Barn show which will open tomorrow morning bright and early at 10am. This show will have more of the fall products, if you were looking for those, but still have the new winter soaps and a few other new things too - more of a variety. Tomorrow there are more work shifts. And Eastlake is Saturday, where I'll be working my own booth.

Watch out for those bogie men in the shadows -

No comments:

Post a Comment