Thursday, May 31, 2007

Life is a bowl

Lawdy, I've got a lot to catch up on today. I decided that I needed a day off yesterday. A full day off. No work. Like at all. Usually my days off still include a couple of little work type thingies. Even if it's email replies and paper shuffling. Or stuffing a couple of quick orders before I head out for a day of real life errands and such. But yesterday I wanted a clean break.

Well, this morning I have such a huge pile of orders, it's going to take me all day to swim through them. Tuesday I thought I had gotten the orders from the weekend out. But I guess I missed a couple that were buried on the desk in the mail I had set aside. And a few more came in, and then more in the mail yesterday, and a couple popped up on the web site this morning. And there were a couple of special custom orders that I promised for this week. And well, now it's pile. But doable and still going out this afternoon. Soap of the month club packages are going out tomorrow. I'm getting those together too.

I sweated and over-exerted out in the garden yesterday. I am working on another little section of rock wall and steps that I wanted to do. Shoveling, digging, hauling big rocks. In the record heat. I guess it wasn't the best day. But it was gorgeous out there, and it was something I had wanted to get started, so that feels good.

And I want to tell you a story that I heard from a woman at Folklife last weekend. She used to work in a commercial soap factory . . . fair warning, it's gross. But I need to spend a bit more time typing and adding links, so I'll get that posted tomorrow. Cherry-o. Have a fun day sunning and enjoying our glorious early summer out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment