Thursday, April 26, 2007

Beach Babe

I'm off! I'm heading to Mexico for a few days of sun and beach lounging!

There are several milestone birthdays in our family this year. Dad's is first - he turns 75 on Saturday. So we're doing a little family reunion celebration thingie, renting a house on the beachfront in Loreto, Mexico. It's a rather small spot, still a bit old school, but about to become the next big thing in resort destinations, or so they say.

Any orders which came in after noon today, or will come in between now and Tuesday evening will pile up here, waiting until I return, and will be processed and attended to Wednesday, May 3. That's my first day back in the office/studio. I'll have a little sunburn, I'm sure. I've been doing a little self-tanning on my ghost white legs this week, in hopes that when I don the scrunchy swimsuit tomorrow I won't cause painful eye glare. And I have to say, there are good self-tanners and bad. I saw an orange lady at Fred Meyer yesterday with smeary spots all around her ankles. Don't do that. I like the slow ones that just give you a gold glow. The Jergens "Natural Glow" one I tried was alright as far as color, but it was incredibly stinky. I couldn't stand myself. The L'Oreal "Sublime Glow" is the best I've used so far. It doesn't get as dark, but has a little golden reflective shimmer in the lotion that really makes your skin look sexy. Me likey - I highly recommend that brand.

The panic never really set in. Last year's swimsuit is workable. The skirts still buttonable. So I'm set to go. A little toenail polish and I'm out. See ya on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment