Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Festivals Schmestivals

I had such a fun day yesterday, training with Emily at the Collage shop, and things are going really well, even though hardly anybody knows I'm there yet. And as promised, I've updated the calendar on the web site to include my work shifts over there, just in case anyone wants to stop by and visit with me. I'm still splitting the space during May with the other soap gal, Sarah the Soap Lady. We're planning for early June to finally transition over, and I'll have the entire display rack for my products. But most of the product line is there now anyway, and it's just a quick stop to pick up anything you just have to have now - no waiting, no shipping.

So this week is two shows. When it rains it pours, I guess. First, the Puyallup Spring Fair - which is a mini version of the Fair in September. I'm still participating with the Artists in Action group, but for this show we are set up in the North Lobby of the Hobby Hall, at the Puyallup Fairgrounds.

Dates: April 19 -22
Hours: Thurs: 3 pm - 10 pm, Fri & Sat: 10 am - 10 pm, Sun: 10 am - 7 pm
Admission: $8
Parking: FREE
Link: The Puyallup Fair

Then, starting Friday, I'll be at the Mount Vernon Tulip Festival Street Fair. This outdoor street fair is held in conjunction with the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival - and the tulips are blooming now! Located on First St. in downtown Mt Vernon, it is 7 blocks of local artists and food vendors, with a wide variety of arts, crafts, and garden items.

Dates: April 20 -22
Hours: Fri 10-6, Sat 10-6, Sun 10-5
Soapworks Studio booth location: Booth #70, same location as previous years. Almost at the corner of Myrtle St, in front of Draft Pics sports bar. I love this spot, because that bar has excellent food (a killer breakfast) and nice warm bathrooms just a hop away. Let's hope the weather is more sunny than showery and folks drive up to see the tulip fields.

And just one side note on another topic altogether -- it's seems odd to be talking about tulips and brunch when everyone else is talking about the killings. I'm shocked, horrified and saddened by yesterday's events at Virginia Tech, but I'm also so grateful to be living in a country where a shooting rampage of that magnitude is at the top of a very short list, and not an everyday occurrance which seems to be happening in other places around the world. I can't imagine what it must be like to live in daily violence and bloodshed, while I live such a cushy little existence. Why can't human beings stop fighting and killing each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment