Monday, March 12, 2007

Swoon

Love that word. Swoon. For me, it's the feeling I get when I see something so visually lovely, that the moment I feast my eyes on it, the light suddenly gets brighter and shimmers, and almost like a spell, a little wave of faintness washes over me from head to toe. A rush of sensory overload that feels like the floor suddenly disappeared and I'm surfing the crest of a perfect wave or a gust of ocean breeze. My heart flutters, my eyes roll, my stomach flips, and my legs quiver. It's just a quick flash and then it's over. Everthing is solid and clear again. But the wonder of what I'm looking at remains.

That happened to me this morning when I took a moment to catch up with some of my favorite blogs. Frankly, it happens a lot over at Pam Garrison's blog. She has such a lovely eye for things, and whenver I am in need of a little visual eye candy and inspiration, I head over there. Her flicker faves link this week made me totally swoon for spring. And her flower photos too, and last week's faves too. So much beauty.

I'm working on arrangements to join an artisit's co-op gift shop in Kirkland next month. I know that you all have begged me to have things in a shop nearby and now it may finally happen. Still working out all the details, but I'm lousy at keeping a secret. We had a meeting yesterday afternoon -- such a lovely bunch of women artists with big hearts and strong opinions about everything. I'm so excited to have this opportunity and work with them. As soon as we get it in place I'll have all the details here and on the web site.

And this week is the Vasa Park show. The last one, sniffle. I'm putting finishing touches on things today and we are setting up tomorrow. I'll post the details tomorrow, it starts Wednesday. But plan to stop by later in the week if you want to see our final showing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment