Friday, March 23, 2007

Adrift

Another cold and grey day. Is it gray or grey? Paralyzed. By. Inertia. So fogged I can't even string a sentence together.

Slight exaggeration for dramatic effect. But basically true. I'm still plugging away at the bare minimum, like orders, so that money goes into the bank. But procrastinating on everything else I possibly can, while I shuffle around mindlessly, stuffing chocolate Easter eggs in the snack hole, clueless to what I even came in here for anyway. What was I supposed to be doing? Did I turn the oven off, or should I just put my head in it? TMI?

I didn't have any big deadlines this week so I was going to get all inspired and work on some looming creative projects. But it didn't happen. Pretty much nothing did. Except the orders (which were huge and lovely and oh, my, gosh - thank you!). And a couple of batches of soap. There really should have been more soap too, since I had a bit of extra time on my hands and needed to work ahead in a more disciplined manner. But alas, it's inertia season at Camp Soap Suds. Adrift in unmotivation.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

That Ralphie, smart man. Except tomorrow is Saturday and I want a weekend off to just veg, not think about business, and with luck, enter the office Monday morning with a new attitude. Or any attitude at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment