Tuesday, March 27, 2007

News Bitelets

Just a few pieces of business.

We just got our booth assignments for the U District show in mid May. I will be located at booth #339, which is pretty much the same spot I always am. It's on University Way, in the block between 42nd and 43rd, just down from Finn MacCools bar, on that same side. It's a big corner booth, and I'm really pleased to be there again. Apparently it was quite a bit more competitive to get in this time around. But it's always one of my biggest shows and a huge kick-off to the whole summer festival shebang. Details about dates, hours, and whatnot are HERE.

And I was accepted into the Sorticulture show. I've never participated in this one, so it's exciting to finally get a chance to try it. I've heard so many wonderful things about it from friends who've done it for years and friends who never miss going to it. Basically it's a garden show, run by the Everett Parks Dept., with lot of nurseries and plant growers, garden artists, featured guests of local garden celebrities, and other cool stuff. I'll focus more on my gardener's scrub soap, the Bugger Off natural bug repellant spray, the healing salve and a bunch of little gardener-oriented gift sets with all those products plus the super duper nail brush. But I'll have a bit of everything. Details about dates, hours, and whatnot are HERE. This is Father's Day weekend, and it only runs Friday and Saturday, so you can spend Sunday with Pop.

And then another random topic that doesn't relate. That's what Random Suds is all about. Just emptying my head so the marbles in there have more room to roll about. I was listening to the radio for a minute this morning and BirdNote came on. I love to listen to this radio snippet. I am not a "birder" by any means whatsoever. But I've recently started to be more interested in birds. I think this is something that just spontaneously happens to you as you get older, like bad knees and wrinkles. Today's topic was urban birds. Apparently songbirds that live in the city have adapted their songs once they live in urban areas - drop the low notes and sing higher to counteract the low hum of traffic and city noise. And they sing faster too. Like all things, I suppose, the city is always faster paced than the country or forest. So it's no real surprise, just fascinating - probably because I've never given it any thought whatsoever. You can listen to the little radio spot from their site to hear the actual song variations of city dwelling singers to their forest cousins. Chickadee dee dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment