Monday, October 02, 2006

Back in the saddle

What a lovely few days away. The weather was gorgeous. The beach was immense -- roaring surf, thunderous waves, sand stretched out as far as the eye could see. I realize I don't get to see enough sunsets in my daily life. Or stars. And wished I had a dog, because there is no more perfect match than a happy, wagging, chasing dog and a piece of beach.

I'm back to a mountain of mail, an answering machine packed full, a bursting inbox, a pile of boxes on the stoop, a flurry of orders -- so many things to attend to. I hope the easy, breezy feeling doesn't wear off by noon today. But I've got to get to work early this morning and really chug away to get caught up. As of this moment, I'm still thinking it was worth it to make a quick getaway. Maybe ask me later.





Oh, and while I was gone, my back yard neighbor, who had been taking weeks just to primer and work on painting window trim, suddenly painted the entire exterior in two days. The whole house is neon, day-glo, traffic cone orange. Unbelievable. I'm so shocked I can hardly take it in. I will take pictures and come up with something to say about it tomorrow. WTF!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment