Thursday, July 11, 2013

Life in Space

A little Youtube tour today - because I had such a great time watching these things that I just had to share . . .

A friend sent me a link to Sunny Anderson's tour of the International Space Station, filmed just a day before she returned in November 2012.  It's totally fascinating - and something I'd never seen before.  Love it!  She talks about all of it - how they sleep, the food, the bathrooms - they go into every corner and show you everything.  She's so totally cool.



And from there I watched Chris Hadfield (awesome!!!) singing David Bowie's "Space Oddity" song, from the space station on the night before he left too.  Shivers.  He even recorded an album in space, collaborating with the Barenaked Ladies.



Which brought me to a bunch of short little videos Chris Hadfield did from the space station - a little different take on the daily stuff which is really a hoot to watch - like how they shave in space



how they brush their teeth



sleeping in space - and his most excellent space jammies!



Chris makes a sandwich



There's so much more, but I have to actually get some work done today.  But if you're hooked too, check out the Canadian Space Agency channel.  They've got the entire list of all of Chris' little vids from space - dang he's such a rockstar!  How did I not know about him before?

No comments:

Post a Comment