Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Shop



Whew, what a lot of work. I spent the day setting up my little storefront space. Patricia, my friend who makes the fabulous Paige Lisbeth's killer caramels, caramel corn and lavender lemonade, will have her finest things there too. That means we've got all the Mom's covered -- luxury soaps and bath stuff, decorative vases, candles, flowers, garden pots, cute cards, PLUS sweet treats.

It looks pretty adorable, although not nearly as FULL as I would stuff it if this place was my own for reals. This is just a one week experiment. I have no idea if anyone at all will show up, or if I'll be buzzing along all week. So I didn't invest a ton of money in extras, just small bits of things. And I'll bring in more as needed. Plus more flowers and plants, especially towards the end of the week. Rose bouquets for Mom won't last the whole week, so I'm not expecting a big flower business tomorrow morning.

I do have a few roses and tulips, herb pots, and little flowering indoor plants for the first day. I'm just playing the whole thing by ear. And keeping my fingers crossed that business is good enough to schedule more of these for the fall and holiday season.

Details again for anyone who can stop by -

Dates: Monday through Friday, May 5 through 9.
Times: 9:30am - 4:30pm
Location: Group Health Central Campus on Capitol Hill
Address: 108 - 15th Ave E, Seattle

It's sort of kitty corner from that big Safeway store at 15th & John Streets. I'm about a quarter of the block south on the opposite side of the street, directly across from the Group Health credit union. There is one hour street parking all around there.

So much to remember, and I'll still have another load in the morning. Besides all the regular show stuff, there are more signs, tunes, extra bags and price tags and stickers, buckets of water and garden nippers . . . it's hurting my brain and I know I'll have a list of things that I forgot or never even thought about. It's going to be FUN though. A new something. And that usually leads to other new somethings.

No comments:

Post a Comment