Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hummingbird

Summer is the season of the birds and the bees :P I'm so excited to see the hummingbirds buzzing around again this year. Unfortunately, so are the cats. But so far, so good.




Spent the morning at a tax workshop for all the new changes happening in the sales tax system starting in July. Oy, this is going to be a real pain for everybody. I guess I'm glad that I'm just a pretty simple, mini-business. I think I'll be able to get it worked out. Some of those folks were really having a much harder time.

It's such a huge, huge change, and the fix doesn't address the actual problem that they were trying to fix - which is losing tax money to out-of-state internet sales. All this does is rearrange all the local tax monies within the state of Washington, and some counties will lose big while others will get more. But I guess it's one step in the movement to somehow change the whole constitution of the US and allow taxes to be levied across state lines eventually. Or something. That's what I got out of it. It's always something.

Anyway, I have until October to get a solution to the reporting issues. That's when the new quarter tax filing will be due. So I'm going to set it aside today.

Enjoy a little musical interlude -

No comments:

Post a Comment