Monday, April 21, 2008


Sorry for the unannounced blog break. It actually wasn't intentional. I just got so caught up in the doing-ness of last week - the prep for the shows, working on the summer mailing, and all it's accompanying tasks like the products ready and the website etc. I got a little overwhelmed.

Just got back from tearing down the Puyallup spring fair, which went surprisingly well even with all the bad weather this weekend. If my calender didn't say "April" I would think it was January - driving rain, blustery winds, hail storms, sleet and snow. I even ended up in another little sleet squall again this morning on the way home. What's up with this? It's supposed to be spring, dammit.

So maybe you were paying attention, maybe not. But I was scheduled to do the Mt Vernon tulip festival fair this past weekend too. I was going to swing both shows at the same time. I set up Puyallup early Thursday morning and then worked my 12 hour shift until 10pm. Already dragging, I headed straight for bed, knowing that I needed to be up and loading the car about 5 hours later to head up to Mount Vernon. I woke up at 4am to pouring rain and just couldn't do it. I chickened out. The forecast was already so scary with snow, rain, and wind for all 3 days. And I just couldn't stomach the suffering. An outdoor show in those conditions is pretty useless. Not only would I not make much, but I would probably get sick, lose tons of inventory to wet and cold, and just plain have the most miserable weekend ever. Plus pay a ton more in gas money driving back and forth. I just decided not to do it. Chicken, I know. Maybe I should have toughed it out. On second thought, nah. I don't regret it for a second.

But everyone this morning had been worrying about me all weekend, wondering how I was surviving and what happened. I was kind of hoping to just hide out and slink away from my chicken-y move, but I had to fess up. Not one person thought I made the wrong decision. So I decided to fess up here too - just in case anyone else is checking in and wondering what happened.

Anyhow, it's Monday. And cleaning up, organizing, putting away, getting it all back together. I'm going to just put it all behind me and look forward to this week. Moving on.

Buck, buck, buck, buck, buck, buck.