Saturday, February 02, 2008

The great procrastinator

I am so bad sometimes.

I spent at least half of yesterday catching up on Jay McCarroll's blog about the current season of Project Runway. To be honest, this season is so darn boring I was hardly even watching the show. But a friend forwarded Jay's blog, and I almost peed myself laughing. So then of course I had to go back and read all of them from the beginning, and compare the photo galleries for each show, and then don't know you it, a whole afternoon POOF disappeared. Jay is beyond hilarious - he rocks. They need to just make a show of him commenting on the other reality shows. Way more fun than The Soup.

Anyway, the plan was originally to head over to Collage yesterday afternoon. But I got lost obviously, and then didn't want to sit in traffic at rush hour. So I headed over there this morning, before it opened, and restocked the whole display. It's got all the most popular soaps back, plus all the new ones for spring too. Fully loaded.

Just to keep y'all up to date - the shop is restocked for now, and I've updated the calendar for February with the dates I'm working there. Basically my shift is every Wednesday morning from 10am-2pm. That's my (sort of) permanent gig. And this coming Friday (2/8) is our sweetie pie Valentines' event (ta dah!). From 10am to 8pm (open 2 hours later!), if you stop into the shop, you get 10% off all your purchases. And we're going to have sweet treats too - we're all baking some little noshes for you to snack on while shopping. Oy, that means I need to get busy baking something.

The shop will continue to be closed every Monday during February too. Otherwise we're open 10am-6pm Tuesday through Sunday for regular hours. In case you need deets, here's the LINK to my shop info page.

Veering off track again (I can't focus for more than a minute at a time) -- can I just also mention that I'm totally smitten with Uwajimaya? I spent a goodly portion of wasted afternoon over there the other day too. Just wandering the isles and stocking up on sauces and stuffs that are all on sale for to Chinese New Year this weekend. It's a great time to get bargains on pantry things I have around all year. But I was also really missing Hawaii, and they have every possible thing you could ever buy in a Honolulu grocery store, right here in freezing Seattle. A whole section of shelves dedicated to the Hawaiian Sun juices in cans (mmm, Passion Orange Guava). They had more varieties of the coconut syrup I fell in love with there - Coconut plain, Coconut Pineapple, Coconut Macademia. I came home with Huli Huli sauce, Pineapple Mango Teriyaki sauce, fresh pineapple, ripe mangos, even a plate lunch from the little food court with kahlua pork and macaroni salad. I lurve that place.

My sun-pinked nose is peeling. Trader Joe's has the most adorable mini, tiny, little organic cheese crackers which I can't stop eating for lunch. Help me. I'm trying to take pictures for the updated web site and it's still so darn grey and bleak outside that nothing looks good in the cold light. Do you watch Good Morning America ever? I sometimes have it on as background when I'm checking the paper with my coffee. I found their meatloaf challenge online yesterday by accident, and felt compelled to try Chris Cuomo's meatloaf recipe. Diane's was a standard ketchup one. Sam and Robin had tomato soup and ritz crackers versions. But Chris' - oh my. There is grated apple, fresh parsley, cinnamon sugar, vanilla extract and a topping of ketchup, dijon and honey. I'd never seen that stuff in a meatloaf before and needed to do it last night. It's lovely, really. And makes a fine sandwich too. Here's the recipe.

Ok, that's all I got for now. Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment