Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Joyeux Anniversaire!

It's been exactly one year ago today since I started this little blog adventure with my very first post. I don't think I ever imagined that I would write so much and still be at it one year later. Oh my heavens, whatever shall I wear to the party?

Frankly, I'm still not completely sure what the whole purpose is. I flouder around almost daily with "what am I really trying to do here"? Mostly I wanted to just throw the doors open - instead of hiding behind them with my head buried in work. I often feel like this little business is really a partnership with my fabulous customers. Y'all influence the direction we're headed more than you know. Feedback, suggestions, just shooting the breeze at shows and whatnot has brought up ideas for all kinds of things. And I thought the blog would just be a bigger conversation, with more friends. At the very least, it's a useful way to share last minute things. And to give more detailed information about shows and specials in a more timely way.

Now that blogs are in their hey-day, it seems like there are divergent paths. Business blogs are now big business and more impersonal. They are generally marketing tools that promote the business itself and the products in a more informal way than traditional marketing methods. And personal blogs have become more and more personal - often sharing some of the most private moments, thoughts, or minutiae of the day. Mine is neither. And both.

I have purposely tried to create a little hodgepodge of everything. This is a very personal sort of one-woman business here. And it's just me, chatting with my pals. And I must admit I've enjoyed the sharing, the writing practice. I just wish more of you would leave a comment once in a while so it doesn't feel so alone over here on this side of the screen.

The blog's ultimate purpose is to expand the relationship between us. It's not compelling reading (or comfortable for me) to yabber away about what I had for dinner (ok, once in a while) but I think sharing my inspirations and intentions about what I do has value. And I believe that if you are more informed about the products and what goes into them, you'll be able to make better buying decisions. Of course I'm hoping that y'all become addicted to the stuff and need lots more of it :)

So as long as that is clear as mud, let's just keep the ball rolling, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment