Monday, January 15, 2007

King for a day

In the midst of my pity party yesterday, I realized that it's really hard to gain momentum from a complete stop. So I started shuffling paper on my desk half-heartedly, trying to at least organize them into groups. Like stuff to look up, stuff to do this week, stuff to file, etc. And I got a batch of soap going. And things started to move forward. I had a semi-productive day and feel a teeny bit less like a total slacker.

If you've been by the web site lately, you may have noticed that several of the regular soap scents are not listed. It's because between the holiday rush and the little flurry of sale orders this month, my inventory got too low to keep them available. But I've been making soap, and as soon as I get a couple more weeks into the curing process, I'll post them again. They are almost there: Cedar Musk, Havana, Citrus Basil Scrub and Baby Love. Not to worry, I'll have them all online by the end of the month, in time for the newsletter to be sent. Catching up on all the usual ones too this week. And squeezing in bit of Spring stuff too. I've been a little slower with production than I would have liked, but I've got excuses, sheesh. The daily routines have all gone to pot, what with no power, no heat, no internets, cat-tastrophes, flooding, freezing, whatever the glitch du jour.

As Tim Gunn would say, "carry on," and "make it work." Words to live by.

And today is Martin Luther King Day. Damn skippy he should be honored with his own day. If you've got about 15 minutes to see what all the fuss is about -- the "I Have A Dream" speech . . . . . shivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment