Saturday, September 02, 2006

Percival Landing

Percival Landing is the name of the docks and waterfront in downtown Olympia where the Harbor Days show in going on this weekend. I'm embarrassed to say I had never been there before. I know it's our state capitol and all, but I just never had the opportunity to explore downtown Olympia before -- and it's really quite beautiful.

The show started yesterday, with just a few short evening hours -- 5pm-8pm. But it runs all day today and tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the tugboat races, and I hope I will be able to see something. I'll certainly hear all the whistles blowing. We are spread out all over the docks, our little tents, and I'm closer to the street than the water. Whew it was hot last night. And today is going to be hotter. Pack the sunglasses. Trot out the shorts and sleeveless shirts for one of the their last outings of the year, and come on down to see the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment