Friday, September 08, 2006

Cosmos


Eeeeek! The phone has NOT stopped ringing today. I'm not complaining. No way. Just surprised, I guess. And I'm not sure why. I always know that the few days after I send out the newsletter it's going to be hopping, but somehow I'm always a little taken aback that yes, people actually care, yet again.

Questions, orders, someone who saw my products and wants to know if I'll do their show, do I teach classes, what are the dates and hours for that one show in my neighborhood, and then . . . drumroll please . . . the Fair calling to say that they are already running out of products and will I be bringing in more tomorrow. Ta Dah! They've only been open HALF A DAY! Said the stuff was blowing out of there and they had already taken all my backstock out to the floor. Well most of it. I had a bunch of stuff already put together that I was planning on taking in when I go tomorrow morning to work my shift. But that set me right back on my heels. Spent the better part of the afternoon zipping up quite a bit more to take in there.

Which is all good. But rearranges my priorities a little. Yesterday afternoon I had just one order pending and was thinking lah dee dah I've got all day to work on it. Then last night a couple more orders came in. And this morning a few more pinged into the mailbox. And I was still thinking I could pop those off in the mail by the end of the day today. But it was not to be.

So it's looking like I'll be stuffing in work minutes around all my weekend shifts, and that I've got a much bigger Monday planned. Because of course there will be another pile added on over the weekend. So it's off to the races.

(and please, don't let any of this chatter deter you from calling, ordering, stopping by, or whatever you had in mind. that's what I'm here for and I love it. it just might take an extra day before the package shows up in the mailbox this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment