Friday, May 05, 2006

Our Secret Garden

Our Secret Garden is the name of the show I'm in this weekend. I had really wanted to take my camera out there yesterday while we were setting up so I could post these last night before the show started today, but I ran out of the house without the darn thing which was sitting in the middle of the dining room table. Oh well, here it is today, in the same glorious sunshine.

It's a fantastic antiques, flea market and garden stuff show in Rochester. Which is 75 miles south of Seattle, or about 10 minutes south of Olympia, just off I-5 in a pretty as a picture garden and property. It was so hard not to spend every penny I made today on beautiful rusty, chipped paint, vintage-y stuff -- which I love. But at the moment, I have no room for any of it. I'm pining for the old picnic round picnic tables, ancient Adirondack chairs, a million posy planted pots, wheelbarrows and window frames boxes. And if you are too -- come on down this weekend.

Hours are 10-5 Saturday and Sunday. If you're doing Mapquest or Google Maps, the address is 18431 Elderberry St, Rochester. From I-5, take exit #88, head west 1 block to Elderberry St. Turn right on Elderberry. Go about half a mile to the "T" and turn left onto 193rd. Go half a block (to where the pavement turns to gravel) and turn right again on Elderberry. It's not quite a mile down the road on the left. You'll see all the charming tents lined up along the road. And fields to park your car. A day in the country hunting for flea market treasure. I can't think of anything I'd rather do!



No comments:

Post a Comment