Thursday, March 16, 2006

Trudging along

This morning I woke up to a grey, drizzly morning with a complete lack of enthusiasm. The silver lining? maybe it's that this is the perfect day to put my nose to the grindstone, tackle a bunch of work and get a lot accomplished. At least today when I look out the window there are little bunches of bright, sturdy little daisies standing at attention, and not just dead stuff and moss.

Last night was the opening of the Vasa Park show and there were a couple of new artists with darling stuff. Bugaboo Vintage Design has the cutest little girl dresses made of sweet embroidered pillow slips, little baby bibs and blankets fashioned out of vintage kitchen tablecloths and chenille -- all kinds of little whatnots for kids with sweet little accents in stitching or buttons. And Erin, who I think calls her business Rickety Picket or something equally clever, is a new vendor too, although she's been a long time customer. She's got mostly antiques, and signs made from old barnwood and fence boards, little planters filled with rare primroses, cool junk for the garden. Such fun to see the new stuff.

Some new lip balm flavor samples arrived the other day, and I'm hoping to have some yummy new flavors for summer. I'll need to do a few experiments, but how does Raspberry Tart or Coconut Cream sound? I'm still playing around with some ideas. If you've got one you'd like to see, let me know.

It's hard to imagine that summer is just a couple short months away -- it hardly feels like spring. But two months from now will be the opening of the Tacoma Farmer's Market, the summer newsletter will already have been whisked off, and all the hot, new, little summer stuff will be piled up on the shelves waiting for their big debut. I need to think Beach House, Seashore, Pink Grapefruit, Berries and Melons, Lemon Verbena, Coconut . . . . maybe a little sniffing and whiffing of what's up next will brighten the day. I'm off.

No comments:

Post a Comment