Friday, March 10, 2006

Have you seen my marbles?

I just had them here somewhere, and now they've gone missing.

Today's topic is discipline. I seem to be missing that at the moment also. I know what they all say -- in order to be a successfully self-employed person, the number one thing you need is discipline. To be able to coerce yourself into working effectively and consistently, just as if you had a regular job. Today is one of those days where I wonder how I ever got through almost 10 years of working for myself. But honestly, discipline in my work is about all I seem to have. Somehow I manage to get the paperwork done, the orders out the door, show up on time for my shows and be ready to go. Things could go a whole lot smoother without all this procrastinating . . . but that's a topic for another day.

It's all those other areas that are suffering this month -- the diet, the resolution to go to the gym more, balancing my check book before six months have passed, household chores and cleaning, gardening tasks, blah de blah. It's all piling up and this weekend does not look like a happy one basking on the couch.

Right now, it's 4:00 pm on a Friday. A week of not that much on my plate, but an even smaller portion accomplished. I need to head out the door with the last of the orders from today . . . and whiz up the batch of soap waiting on the counter. Nothing like waiting to the last minute on everything to really make you feel alive. Or insane. Or something. Heh, I've even waited for the last minute to figure out what to write about today. Now that should receive some sort of special award!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about discipline! I've had problems with this in regard to food for most of my adult life.

    I hope blogging about this will help you because...well...see? you heard from ME, didn't you?

    I just wanted you to know that I empathize with you and wish you a stronger mind as you go through life.

    ReplyDelete