Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sweater Weather

What is with all this crazy windy, rainy, stormy, even snowy weather? I thought we were racing towards spring, and now it's back to winter. Sipping soup and making tea.

I knitted these teeny tiny sweaters a year ago, during the dark, quiet days of winter. Got on a little knitting kick and started making mini sweaters in lots of little ice cream colors. Added vintage buttons, little flowers and whatnot. Started a whole stack of them and then didn't know what to do with them. So I strung them up, making garlands, with teensy doll hangers I found at the craft store. Awwww, so sweet.

This winter has not sprouted another little blizzard of crafty ideas or projects. What is anyone else working on? Is knitting still the big thing? Looks like sewing is making a comeback from articles I've read. And shopping at the paper/rubber stamp store the other day I was blown away by all the new doo-hickeys that have come out -- stickers, clips and brads, ephemera and collage pieces, tools and toys. I was a little overwhelmed and left empty-handed.

The Echo Falls show is doing great -- lots of antique items at this one, if you are into that. It's still open til Sat afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment