Saturday, March 25, 2006

Daffy Dilly

Back from our stay at the pool -- and it was mostly lovely. The first couple of days the weather was cloudy and quite cool, but the last part was warm, sunny, endless blue sky, hikes through the desert cactus, hours lounging by the pool with a pile of magazines, and then, of course, the final morning of dreading going home, packing up, trudging to the airport, etc. It seems like once you just get settled into the routine of actually being on vacation, it is suddenly time to go home. Oh well, I've got a smidgen of color on my legs, fond memories and a few gorgeous photos to look at when I'm feeling gray again.

During the past week, I've gotten notices about a few shows I was hoping to hear back from -- so I'm excited to report that I will be at the Edmonds Arts Festival this year, for the first time ever! I'm lumped into the "traditional crafts" category, which is huddled in the Plaza area, and separated from the fine arts booths on the grass. I'm very much looking forward to trying out this new show, but it means that I will not be at the Fremont Fair and Solstice Parade this year, since they fall on the same weekend. New adventures are good for the soul . . .

Another new show I will be participating in is called Spring Gathering, held at Our Secret Garden in Rochester -- quite a bit south for me, near Olympia. But it's an extravaganza of garden junk, antique stuff, plants, flowers, tools, and cool garden inspiration stuff. One of the biggest shows in that area, it looks like a fabulous weekend.

And I will once again be in the U District Street Fair, Choochokam in Langley, and Anacortes Arts Festival. It's always a little tense waiting for the jury committee announcements, and I'm so pleased to be accepted. So this weekend is catch up time, writing checks, filling in the calendar on the web site, FINALLY finishing my taxes and getting those off, wading through the mail and messages. Plus that big ol' pile of laundry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment