Sunday, March 12, 2006

Redecorating

If you've visited the blog before, you'll notice I've been doing some redecorating around here. Just changed the template to this lovely green style -- hoping for a little luck 'o the Irish or something, now that it's March. I was itching for a little more color. And I wanted to add some links to other crafty and foodie blogs that I like to visit whenever I can. I have read them for some time and get quite a bit of inspiration and ideas from them, so I wanted to share.

While I was poking around looking for gems this afternoon, I came across a link to a recipe for Sweet Almond Financiers from Williams Sonoma, which looked so delicious and so easy to make that I tried them out for dinner. It took all of 20 minutes including mixing and baking time. So incredibly yummy and delectable -- almost a cake, almost a cookie. I didn't have the little fluted tart pans, but had a few muffin tins in the cupboard, so I used those. I dolloped a good tablespoon of the batter in each one and it made one dozen little beauties. Perfect with a cup of tea this evening.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:58 AM

    The new format is very nice. Love to stop by and see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete