Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Edmonds Arts Festival


It's cold here. Really cold. It's not even 50 degrees right now, and the highs all month haven't reached 60 I don't think. In fact, it's snowing in the mountains at the moment. In JUNE for pity's sake! I still have the heat on the this morning - and it's supposed to be summer.

I guess I'm happy that I can even turn the heat on. And the lights. And the computer. We lost power last night in a ferocious wind storm, the kind that usually only happens in January. In the dark and howling, I just gave up and went to bed early. But I don't feel more energetic this morning because I got more sleep. Just cold. And tired of the gray and rain that is happening outside. It's like winter is never ending. Forget spring. Forget summer. There is only one season any more and it's winter. Not my fave. I think everyone around here is depressed and anxious for a little sun and warmer temperatures.

Before it all went dark yesterday I had a pretty productive day. But I need another one today too - no distractions, no long naps. I'm working on getting everything packed up for Edmonds Arts Festival this coming weekend. And miracle of miracles, there is hardly any rain predicted. The forecast mentions a possible sprinkling on Friday morning, but that's during set-up time. The rest of the three days should be dry, though overcast and cool still.

This is a really excellent art show, so if you're in the mood, here are the details.

Edmonds Arts Festival

One of the most prestigious fine arts fairs in the Northwest, attracting artists from across the nation -- in a beautiful setting overlooking the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. There is also live entertainment, a juried gallery exhibition, a nationally-recognized juried children's art exhibit, a hands-on children's art activity area, wonderful food and a wine bar and bistro. Lots of wonderful art activities at this show and a great community gathering.

Dates: June 13, 14 & 15, 2008
Hours: Fri 11:00am-8pm, Sat 10am-8pm, Sun 10am-6pm
Soapworks Booth Location: I will be in the indoor plaza room (space #P111), the top floor of the Edmonds Library

So if you're looking for my booth - I'm inside. Not bringing my tent and worrying about the weather. Inside! Boy am I glad I made that decision oh so many months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment