Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The big sniff

What I like most about doing a show is the look on people's faces as they pass by my tent. Many stop, sniff, breathe in deeply for a few seconds, eyes closed, sheer pleasure. Usually they say something to the effect that my space smells really good. I love that.

Or when they stop in to smell the soaps - or the sachets, bath salts, whatever - and they find the perfect one that makes them swoon. Eyes all googly with delight, they can't put it down. I love that too.

Sorticulture was a lot of fun, a big success again this year. I bought plants. Now I've got to find spots for them. I'm going to dig around a bit today when I get a minute. I need to squeeze it in, even though I need to get a lot of work done today too.

Yesterday I unpacked and got re-organized, but then spent the afternoon running errands and doing real life stuff. So today it's back to the soap biz. Orders and the like. It's another round of prep and packaging for another show this weekend. This time it's La Conner. I'll post details about the show tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment