Did you notice Google's April Fool's joke today? Google Nose (in Beta). Dubbed "smelling is believing."
The new scentsation in search
- Coming to your senses: go beyond type, talk, and touch for a new notation of sensation.
- Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Graphs pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
- Take a whiff: the Google Aromabase - 15M+ scentibytes.
- Don't ask, don't smell: For when you're wary of your query - SafeSearch included.
- Google NoseBETA leverages new and existing technologies to offer the sharpest olfactory experience available:
- Street Sense vehicles have inhaled and indexed millions of atmospheric miles.
- Android Ambient Odor Detection collects smells via the world's most sensible mobile operating system.
- SMELLCD™ 1.8+ high-resolution compatible for precise and controlled odors.
- Oh how I wish that was true! Imagine how cool my website could be if only we had the equivalent of smellivision for the internet! I could have little thumbnails of fragrance for each of the soaps. You wouldn't have to guess what the new soaps smelled like - you could just click on it and infuse your room with the latest scent.
- I'm not sure I'd be using the Nose search engine to find horse manure or wet dog, but it would be nice to search a certain gorgeous flowering bush that my neighbor is growing and I don't know the name of. Some day I'm sure we'll get there - technology is always amazing me. But for today, sigh, we don't have the scent-ernets ready just yet.
Dont' be a fool - stay safe with all your pranking today!