Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Anacortes Arts Festival


I know, I hardly blog anymore. It's bad. But I'm just so darn busy with my little hamster wheel over here, that I haven't been able to carve out even 5 minutes to blab. There's nothing exciting to say, anyway. It's just all work, work, show, show, work, show, work, show. That's my life in the summer. After this week's Anacortes show, I've got a week off before I have to start in on the next one - Best of the Northwest in Marymoor the following week.

But hoo boy, that week is gonna feel good. I'm going to sleep and sleep some more and generally sit around and stare at the sky, along with a few little summer activities for fun. So I'm really looking forward to that little window. Not that I'm counting, but I haven't had a single day off for what, like a month?

I would be remiss if I didn't post at least the details to this next big show. It's always my biggest of the summer, so I'm working doubly hard this week to bring massive amounts of soap and sundries to my little tent in the sunshine.

Anacortes Arts Festival

This is one of the largest and most popular art fairs in the entire Pacific Northwest, with a juried fine art exhibition, over 250 juried booth artisans, two music stages, international food court and beer garden, a hands-on youth area, fiber show at the Depot, working artist area, poetry reading at the port and more.

Dates: August 1, 2 and 3
Times: Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm
Location: Downtown Anacortes, on Commercial Ave between the port and 10th

Soapworks Studio booth location: same location as last year, directly in front of La Vie en Rose Bakery, near the corner of 5th street, on the West side. Booth # 419W. Stop by! Get a cookie or a piece of their yummy pizza.

Gotta get back on my little wheel and keep squeaking away . . . hope all you dears are enjoying a deliciously decadent summer of adventure or sloth. And if so, come by my booth and tell me all about it so I can live vicariously through your stories. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment