Thursday, August 16, 2007

Best of the Northwest - Marymoor

The real title today is: It Pours.

But I need to cough up the deets on the Best of the Northwest show that I'm going to be participating in this weekend first. Because first and foremost this here is supposed to be a business blog, not a 'she whines like a baby' blog. So here goes:

Summer Art at Marymoor - This is the 6th annual summer event, the 2nd one at Marymoor Park in Redmond.

Dates: August 17, 18 & 19
Hours: Friday 12pm - 6pm, Sat and Sun 10am - 6pm
Location: King County's Marymoor Park, Redmond

Booth Location: TBD - they tell us when we get there to set up, but it's all out in a field somewhere with signs everywhere.

Link: Best of the Northwest

Ok, now I can do a little crabbing. Ya know when you just want to order a small side salad? or a 99 cent cheeseburger? they always want to "up" you. Didn't you want the 'meal' or what about that appetizer, entree, dessert and coffee too? I guess what I'm getting at is the old saying: when it rains . . .

So I get home last Monday from the 3rd show in a row, and I'm not only brain dead, but body dead and spirit dead by now too. And there's a damp spot on the garage floor. It could be anything. But Tuesday, when I'm able to even see straight, it's really a wet spot, but what the? it's nowhere near any possible plumbing whatsoever, so, um, huh? And Wednesday it's darn soaking wet and there is a trickle from the wall?

I've done all the tests, the meter from the street, the shutting off the water at the house, the full basement inspection. There is no water line there. There is no sewer line there. There should be no water nothing on that entire side of the property. But oops, just noticed the small wet spot on the floor in the corner of the basement - the hot water heater busted a leak in the bottom of the tank. Alert! Good lord, we've sprung another fucking leak and it's running underground all the way over to the far side by the fence and busted a whole in the garage wall. Shitastic! Excuse my sailor cussing.

So Thursday, the chaotic frenzy last day before my big show when I need every single second to package and pack and generally get ready, I've had to re-locate my entire office and studio to trace plumbing, replace the pipes, install a new hot water tank and generally blow the remaining few pennies I made at that crappy show last weekend on repair and equipment fees. Plus no water and big men all marching through my 4 sq foot shoebox of work space. Ugh.

This is a pattern with me. It's either all good, or all bad. When it's in synch, it's generally ok. When it's not, then a whole crapfest of things goes wrong all at once. Or I break a truckload of stuff in a single day. Or I not only get a single zit - I get a monster zit, plus diahrea, a freak rash, and a head cold with honking snot. Something like that. No middle ground.

Hey, and the forecast looks like a soaking rain on Sunday while I'm out in a field selling soap over the weekend. Guess I probably don't need to have as much ready as I thought. Is that the silver lining? Or is it the huge amount of airline miles I'll be getting on the credit card later today? I can fly from here to Spokane for free!

Well, it could be worse. It's just super inconvenient, but not tragic or life-threatening or impossible. Tomorrow the crisis will be over and I'll be back to hawking my good old smelly stuff outside in our famous Northwest drizzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment