Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Anacortes Arts Festival

As I mentioned, I'll be at the Anacortes Arts Festival this weekend, and I wanted to post the details in case you're thinking of heading up.

The Anacortes Arts Festival is HUGE. One of the largest art fairs in the Pacific Northwest, with a juried fine art exhibition, over 250 juried booth artisans, two music stages, international food court and beer garden, a hands-on youth area, fiber boutique at the Depot, a fine art exhibit, a working artist area, poetry reading at the port and more. The artists booth cover 6 whole city blocks, both sides of the street and a row down the middle too. So much to see and do.

I am actually an honored INVITEE this year, which is so darn cool. I broke my own sales record there last time, so I got a special invitation to come back instead of jurying in like everyone else. It's my best show of the summer each and every year, so I'm looking forward to another fabulous weekend. And I'm only a teensy bit worried that I won't have enough stuff ready. I may be doing a some late night scrambling during the show too, eek.

Dates: August 3, 4, and 5
Times: Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm
Location: Downtown Anacortes, on Commercial Ave between the port and 10th

Soapworks Studio booth location: same spot as last year, directly in front of La Vie en Rose Bakery, near the corner of 5th street, on the West side of the street. Yum - so many breakfast goodies to choose from.

For more information, maps, directions, etc: Anacortes Arts Festival

I am bringing my new soap dish sets that did so well at Bellevue. That is, if the box of new dishes arrives tomorrow, which they assure me it will. I'll also have all the soap scrap bars I can possibly scrounge up - all the dings, dents and dropped on the pavement ones. All the leftover bars of discontinued frangrances and some of the regulars which came out with a streak (beauty marks?) or seem a little off kilter. There will be a tub of soap seconds for sale at $1.00 each. "Come early for best selection." That means that the best ones will go fast and if you wait til Sunday afternoon, there will be just a few ugly bumpkins left.

Psssst, I'm also going to do a little test marketing of the new spray for Fall - Sandalwood Orange. I made up a batch last week and I'll have it with me, just in case that floats your boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment