Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Coconuts! Going organic


I just picked up my biggie huge supply of ORGANIC coconut oil to make the soaps with and  I'm so excited to start using it. Thought you all might want to know that you're about to be upgraded. For free!

I'm totally in love with coconut oil anyway. It's some of the greatest stuff on earth - to eat, to smear on yourself, to make stuff with.  It contains all the healthy fats so you're supposed to cook with it and make smoothies with it. I can't tell you how many countless articles I've read lately about all the health benefits of consuming coconut oil -and every kind of coconut stuff too, like coconut water, coconut milk, coconut meat - even coconut flour if you're gluten-free.

Ditto all the articles about how wonderful coconut oil is for skin health. It's solid at just below body temp around 96 degrees.  So you can scoop up a little blob and the second it hits your skin at 98 degrees, it melts into a beautiful, light oil that absorbs easily and quickly, with all kinds of essential nutrients, fats and vitamins that keep you glowing. And did I mention that it smells delicious? Be warned, you might want to lick yourself.

This heavenly stuff has been the base of my soap recipe now since I started out years and eons ago in this biz. It's the base oil that gives my soap it's lovely rich lather, in addition to just making it an all around great bar of soap to use.  I've been buying the food-grade coconut oil for my soap from a few different places over the years, but the organic variety was always much more expensive. I'd toyed with the idea repeatedly, but would have had to raise the cost of my soap bars to an unreasonable price, so I didn't make the switch, but I didn't let the idea go either. I still wanted to find a way.

Last month I got word that my current supplier now carried an organic version and it was of course more expensive, but a whole lot cheaper than it ever was before.  And in February it went on sale.  Yahoo!  I ordered a rather large-ish supply so that now I can make the soaps for the next little while with organic coconut oil.  The big leagues!

The old stuff wasn't bad in any way, just so you know.  It's always been really high quality coconut oil.  But when you can go organic, it's better.  And better is well, just better. Especially if it doesn't cost any more.

We're all about to get upgraded to organic -- but the price stays the same.  Best news all day, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment