Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A river runs through . . .

There's something strange and wonderful that I've noticed repeatedly during the week when I'm just starting to get ready for something big. It's like the very process of getting prepared to go out in the world -- whether it's a show or a seasonal newsletter with website updates -- seems to be like turning on the spigot to the universe. All kinds of other stuff just starts streaming in out of nowhere. Today it was a little flurry of mail orders, more than I've seen in the past two weeks combined.

I could be slightly irritated or anxious about how I'm going to squeeze all that in when I'm already under pressure to get my show ready to set up tomorrow and then work the rest of the week. Or I could be grateful and elated that the river has meandered back in my direction and just go with the flow. I think I'll do the latter. It feels better.

No comments:

Post a Comment