Wednesday, May 13, 2009

U District This Weekend



Here's the scoop for this weekend - and the weather is supposed to be dry and sorta kinda partly sunny. Or something like that. At least it's not supposed to rain. And if it would just warm up from this cold breezy stuff we've had this week, I'd be happy. I was insane, or maybe just a little tipsy on sunshine when I over-zealously planted planted basil and peppers a couple of weeks ago in that hot first weekend of May. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking either. I've lived here long enough to know better. They are freezing and sad, and probably replaced in June.

I digress. Back to this weekend. It's U District Street Fair weekend. This is the kick-off event for the festival season in Seattle -- the first arts and crafts fair of Spring. It's an exciting celebration of arts and crafts, community, music and food attracting over 50,000 people and showcasing over 400 artists.

Dates: May 16 and 17
Hours: Saturday 10am-7pm and Sunday 10am-6pm
Location: University Avenue in the U district
Booth Location: Booth #315. A large corner spot on University Way, between 42nd and 43rd streets, but pretty close to the corner of 42nd. Higher up the street than I've been the last 2 years. Which is good. No great. Away from that crazy "Spin the Wheel" game, but probably smack dab in front of the hollering retaurant wars for $1 food on a stick. Oh well, it's all good.

For more information: U District Street Fair

I'm hoping to have it all - spring stuff, summer stuff, the new shea butter balm, oodles of vintage tin flower pots and watering cans for gift sets, pretty bags, the antique style berry baskets, all the accessories, etc.

That means I have to make a million or more lip balms tomorrow.

BTW, thanks to all of you who rushed in orders already, like the day after the mailing went out. It's lovely that you're so excited about the new stuff. Really lovely. And it's been a very tight spring, so every order is especially appreciated.

Here's a couple shots of my girls helping me garden. They too are cold and sad now. Huddling back in their blankies instead of basking in the hot sun on the patio.



No comments:

Post a Comment