Saturday, May 30, 2009

Cucumber Melon Lip Balm

Big production day yesterday, even though the weather was so summer perfect outside. I got around to making a boatload of lip balms, and realized that I totally forgot I had gotten some cucumber melon flavor oil to do a summer seasonal flavor this year.

I made a batch yesterday afternoon, a little late for the newsletter and all the hoopla about it, but it's really good. It's more melon than cucumber - mostly Jolly Rancher watermelon with a slight tinge of cucumber, which makes it a little hip and cool. I can still drool over the favorite candy of my childhood but feel all grown up about it.

I can't believe that I just remembered it now. Last fall when I found the flavor, I was dying to make a batch, but held off because it was pumpkin and eggnog season. And I guess it just got buried after awhile, both in the cupboard and in my brain. But it's here now, and super fresh and yummy. It's ready for the summer show season, and I'm putting it up on the web site this morning too. Lip smacking delish. But as I mentioned, I'm sort of a sucker for that watermelon candy thing.

Hey blog readers, if you order on the website in the next week, type "free lip" in the message box and I'll toss one in for you to try. Offer ends Sunday, June 7 at midnight. Try it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment