Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Hello. Can we get a bazillion bars by Friday?

My giant "to-do" list for Wednesday just got blown out of the water. Change of plans for tomorrow's itinerary. Just got a call from the New York Philharmonic at Lincoln Center. They just decided this afternoon that they need a small mountain of "cotton" smelling soap bars as gifts for the cast and crew of their Showboat production which ends Saturday night.  Hmm, Flannel Jammies sounds just about right for that.

Oh yes, we need those shipped like immediately, to arrive by Friday so we can wrap them and have them ready for Saturday night's performance.

How awesome and unexpected it that? Who says no to that?  My little bars of soap will be out in a much bigger world and traveling with celebrities to boot.  Do you see those names on the list?!! Vanessa Williams?! And I so love me some Fred Willard too.

The gal who called me is the absolute sweetest.  We met at a street fair this summer, where we bonded over our mutual vintage cat eye glasses, and chatted at length about our secret sources for our collections. She remembered how much she liked the soaps and thought of me first, even though I'm on the opposite side of the country. Which just goes to show you, it really is a small world.




No comments:

Post a Comment