Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dry Skin Brushing - A Diagram

Maybe you've already heard my preaching about dry skin brushing.  Or maybe you've heard about it from somewhere else and are still not sure what all the hoopla is about.

I've put all the benefits and how-to's in one place on my web site, here. But I hadn't seen an actual diagram of how the brush strokes were supposed to go.  I'd only read the usual directions - that the strokes should go towards the heart.

Just a few days ago I found this site which has several posts about what it is, the benefits and finally the (very strict) Ayuverdic technique, which has been used for thousands of years. Personally, I just don't like to follow rules, any rules, that strictly. I'm not afraid that if my brush accidentally goes up in one spot instead of down, or vice versa, that I'm going to mess up my entire lymphatic system or rupture a blood vessel.  But that's a decision you can make for yourself. I do try to follow the strokes as they are generally advised, but mostly I follow my own intuition about what feels good on my own body, and I believe we all should use that power as much as possible. Having said that, below is the front and back diagram, and if you want to read more about what these folks have to say about it, check them out here.



If you want to know more about the whole process and why to do it, then head over to read the biggie guide on my site and see what the fuss is all about.  And it's good.  Real good.  Like super healthy, anti-aging, get rid of cellulite forever good.

Also, if you just need a new brush, I've got two styles located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment