Monday, March 18, 2013

Soap Love

Every now and then, when I need a little creative inspiration or idea brainstorming, I spend a bit of time wandering the internet looking at soaps made by other soapmakers.  Just checking what's out there, what the latest trends are in scents, ingredients, packaging.  Keeping up with the latest.

I ran into so much beauty this past weekend, that I ended up spending way more time than I expected, and found some of the coolest stuff.  It's mind-blowing what some people come up with and are doing - all over the world too.

I'm going to post photos and links, because these are too good not to share.

From South Africa - Woolworth's Soap Shop:  soap in the most beautiful tins!






I love the simple rustic wax paper and string wrapping on these wedding soap favors by Prunella on etsy:


This woman from Russia designed long, thin soaps that look almost like book-marks with the typography embedded into the soap.  So cool!


This special promotion has a USB flash drive embedded in a clear glycerin bar.  Not sure how the flash drive doesn't get ruined in the water, but interesting idea.



Brown paper wrapped rustic bars that almost look like candies, from Padua Farms.


From Montreal, Quebec - felted soaps and shampoo bars for The Surf Lodge.  Cute little minis for a hotel.


And finally - love these super rustic versions of soap on a rope.  No links for these, I tracked them around Pinterest and tumblr, but not sure where they came from originally since there is no label.  




This was fun!  I think I might make this a semi-regular feature here and post more lovelies when I find them.  I've got a whole bunch more stuff book-marked that I can sort out and share with y'all.

Just to be clear, I'm a cold-process type only girl, so there will be no photo journals of glycerin, melt and pour, or embedded type fancies - although there are TONS of those out there.  And I'm a little split between my love for the super primitive, rustic, simple stuff and the fancier European packaged stuff - like the tins and gorgeous boxes.  Who says you can't have it all?!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your finds, I'm totally digging those absolutely adorable soap tins as well! =)

    ReplyDelete