Thursday, October 20, 2011

Open for business

I'm back from vacation. Two weeks is a long time. Not while you're gone - that's easy, time flies. But when you're finally back, catching up on two weeks worth of phone messages, emails, orders, news, laundry, blah blah - that is really super long. What a mountain.

So what did I do? Took a trip to Europe on a whirlwind tour of bits of Italy, Turkey and Greece. Rome, Capri, Crete, Mykonos, Ephesus, Athens. We were on a cruise, with a couple of extra days in Rome at the beginning and Athens at the end. We packed so much sightseeing into every minute, utterly exhausting. But worth it.

Anyway, just thought I'd put in a quick post to say I'm here and I'm working and everything is back in full swing. A couple of weeks from now the fall newsletter will go out as planned, and that first week in November is four different shows. The usual ones: Red Ribbons and Reindeer at the Hollywood Schoolhouse, Pickering Barn, Eastlake High School plus a new one for me - Yuletide Treasures at the Skagit Fairgrounds in Mount Vernon. Details are on the website calendar and I'll post the whole shebang here too next week. But for now, I'm leaving you with some photos of my journey in the sunshine and warm weather - which I am already missing here in rainy, grey Seattle.

Rome, Trevi Fountain


Capri, Sorrento



Taormina, Sicily


Sunset on the ship

Gorgeous Chania, on the island of Crete



Mykonos



Ephesus ruins, Turkish markets



Athens, the Acropolis and Parthenon at night


Sensory overload. In a good way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment