Monday, September 12, 2011

Puyallup Fair


So uh yeah, I was supposed to yap about the Puyallup Fair last week, and give you all the deets. I sort of got busy and forgot. But it's already happening. The fair, that is.

Dates: Sept. 9 - 25
Hours: Sun - Thurs 10am-10pm, Fri & Sat, 10am-11pm
Place: The Puyallup Fairgrounds, or Western Washington Fairgrounds, or whatever you call it. And if you don't know where that is, wow. It's the biggest thing in the town of Puyallup and signs for exits and where to go are plastered on every corner. Plus all the highway exits. But of course there is a map and directions too, on their website.

So as I mentioned earlier, I'm located in the "Artists in Action" area. It's a gallery/store located on the ground level of the Grandstand. The Grandstand is where the concerts are. Artists in Action is right next to the Fisher scone line, which is always loooooong. It's the west end (north end?) closest to the Red Gate. Gah. I've been there 5 years and I still know nothing.

Well I do know something: this year the "Totally Fried" booth is serving up deep-fried butter. Just to keep up with all the other insane fairs around the country. The deep-fried oreos and snickers looked alright, but I'm still pretty scared of the Krispy Kreme Chicken sandwich there.

Ok, back to the art. There's close to 70 artists in our show, doing fiber stuff, pottery, wood work, metal work, jewelry, clothing, hand-painted all kinds of things. Some new artists and new stuff. We've mixed it up and changed around the booths a little bit. We're still doing demos all day of how we make our wares. I'm working a bunch of little small shifts in the mornings, so I'll be in and out.

The rodeo part was last weekend, and I guess that's over. But there is a pretty good concert line-up. And lots of stuff to do. Just don't eat the butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment